update patch of security/wpa_supplicant, from 0.3.0 to 0.3.8

Yamamoto Shigeru shigeru at iij.ad.jp
Wed Feb 16 02:50:37 PST 2005

>>>>> "Brooks" == Brooks Davis <brooks at one-eyed-alien.net> writes:
Brooks> Thanks for you submission.  I've committed these parts along with
Brooks> some fixes.

Thank you.

>> - install start/stop script
Brooks> I did not commit this because I believe this is the wrong way to
Brooks> integrate wpa_supplication.  The integration needs to take place in
Brooks> /etc/rc.d/netif so wpa supplicant is started on interfaces when they
Brooks> arrive, not at boot since they may not exist until arbitrarily
Brooks> later.

I think it is better to separate wpa_supplicant start/stop script from netif
script.
Because, we sometimes need to restart wpa_supplicant when changing WEP key.

In our company, in which we can't use WPA, WEP key is sometimes changed to
be more secure.
In this case, we need restarting wpa_supplicant to change WEP key.

I think it is populer to change WEP key frequently in none-WPA/802.11i
environment.
So, it is useful to separate wpa_supplicant start/stop script from netif
script.

Thanks,
-------
YAMAMOTO Shigeru	<shigeru at iij.ad.jp>