meta port question

Denny Reiter denny at reiters.org
Tue Feb 15 15:48:23 PST 2005

Greetings,

I'm trying to create a meta port to automate the installation of
some software.  I've read through the Porters Handbook and also
read the article on FreeBSD Diary, but I seem to be struggling with
a couple of things.  Even if I set BATCH=YES some of the ports seem
to want to present an interactive screen no matter what.  The Zebra
port in /usr/ports/net/zebra is an example. Also, the Vim port seems
to ignore my settings for NO_GUI, also.  Here's what I did for a
Makefile.  Am I missing something obvious?  I tried to use
instant-server as an example to build upon.

Thanks,

Denny Reiter

# New ports collection makefile for:    jail-server
# Date created:         15 February 2005
# Whom:                 Denny Reiter
#
# $FreeBSD$
#

PORTNAME=       jail-server
PORTVERSION=    0.01
PORTREVISION=   1
CATEGORIES=     misc
MASTER_SITES=   http://www.reiters.org/~denny/

MAINTAINER=     denny at reiters.org
COMMENT=        Jail server installs all the software to jail infected users

RUN_DEPENDS=    ${LOCALBASE}/sbin/postfix:${PORTSDIR}/mail/postfix \
                ${LOCALBASE}/bin/screen:${PORTSDIR}/misc/screen \
                ${LOCALBASE}/bin/sudo:${PORTSDIR}/security/sudo \
                ${LOCALBASE}/sbin/zebra:${PORTSDIR}/net/zebra \
                ${LOCALBASE}/bin/vim:${PORTSDIR}/editors/vim \
                ${LOCALBASE}/sbin/ntpd:${PORTSDIR}/net/openntpd \
                ${LOCALBASE}/bin/ruby:${PORTSDIR}/lang/ruby18 \
                ${LOCALBASE}/bin/python:${PORTSDIR}/lang/python \
                ${LOCALBASE}/bin/svn:${PORTSDIR}/devel/subversion \
                ${LOCALBASE}/sbin/nessusd:${PORTSDIR}/security/nessus-plugins \
                ${LOCALBASE}/sbin/squid:${PORTSDIR}/www/squid

# Don't let stupid programs ask for configuration.
BATCH=          YES
NO_WRKSUBDIR=   YES

MAKE_ENV+=      BATCH=  true
MAKE_ENV+=      NO_GUI= true
MAKE_ENV+=      POSTFIX_OPTIONS= ""
MAKE_ENV+=      WITHOUT_X11=    yes
MAKE_ENV+=      WITHOUT_EXAMPLES=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITHOUT_HTMLMAN=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITHOUT_IPV6=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITHOUT_LIBPAM=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITHOUT_OSPFNSSA=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITHOUT_SNMP=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITHOUT_TCPZEBRA=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITHOUT_BGPD=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITHOUT_OSPF6D=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITH_OSPFD=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITHOUT_RIPD=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITHOUT_RIPNGD=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITH_VTYSH=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITH_THREADS=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITHOUT_HUGE_STACK_SIZE=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITH_UCS4=true
MAKE_ENV+=      WITH_PYMALLOC=true

postinstall:
        cd ${PORTSDIR}/mail/postfix; make replace

.include <bsd.port.mk>

Denny Reiter                               denny at reiters.org
So I don't hurt your feelings:        happydenny at reiters.org
     The three Rs of Microsoft support: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall.