cvs commit: ports/net-mgmt/nagios Makefile distinfo pkg-plist ports/net-mgmt/nagios/files nagios.sh.tmpl patch-Makefile.in patch-aa patch-ab patch-ad patch-ae patch-ag patch-ai patch-base-Makefile.in patch-cgi-Makefile.in patch-configure.in ...

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 14 14:02:35 PST 2005

+-Le 14/02/2005 21:52 +0000, Pav Lucistnik a dit :
|   - Update to 2.0b2
|
|     WARNING: This version removes MySQL and PostgreSQL support.
|
|   PR:             ports/77478
|   Submitted by:   Blaz Zupan <blaz at si.FreeBSD.org> (maintainer)

reading the pointed doc, could you comment on :

|    1. FreeBSD and threads. On FreeBSD there's a native user-level
| implementation of threads called 'pthread' and there's also an optional
| ports collection 'linuxthreads' that uses kernel hooks. Some folks from
| Yahoo! have reported that using the pthread library causes Nagios to
| pause under heavy I/O load, causing some service check results to be
| lost. Switching to linuxthreads seems to help this problem, but not fix
| it. The lock happens in liblthread's __pthread_acquire() - it can't ever
| acquire the spinlock. It happens when the main thread forks to execute an
| active check. On the second fork to create the grandchild, the grandchild
| is created by fork, but never returns from liblthread's fork wrapper,
| because it's stuck in __pthread_acquire(). Maybe some FreeBSD users can
| help out with this problem.

thanks :-)

--
Mathieu Arnold