Unmaintained ports [was: Re: Unmaintained ports with fetch errors]

Michael C. Shultz reso3w83 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 14 13:28:43 PST 2005


On Monday 14 February 2005 12:59 pm, Mark Linimon wrote:
> Following up to my own post, the _truly_ brave can use portsmon to
> show the status of all 3,533 (!) unmaintained ports via:
>
> http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portsconcordanceformaintainer.py?maintai
>ner=ports%40FreeBSD.org
>
> Be patient.  This page will take quite some time to load.
>
> Note: about 10% of these ports have some kind of errorlog on
> pointyhat.
>
> Ports that I was surprised to see listed include:
>
> http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portoverview.py?category=archivers&portn
>ame=rpm
> http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portoverview.py?category=devel&portname=
>gettext
> http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portoverview.py?category=devel&portname=
>stlport
> http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portoverview.py?category=graphics&portna
>me=gphoto2
> http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portoverview.py?category=graphics&portna
>me=lcms
> http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portoverview.py?category=graphics&portna
>me=libglut
> http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portoverview.py?category=lang&portname=t
>cl83
> http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portoverview.py?category=lang&portname=t
>cl84
> http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portoverview.py?category=print&portname=
>ghostscript-afpl
> http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portoverview.py?category=print&portname=
>ghostscript-gnu
> http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portoverview.py?category=security&portna
>me=libmcrypt
> http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portoverview.py?category=security&portna
>me=openssh
>
> In addition, the games/ and japanese/ categories are in particular
> need of help.
>
> I would surely be nice if we could get more volunteer maintainers.
>
> mcl
>
Mark, I'd love to take over gettext.  The way that one is packaged has 
annoyed me for ages. Do I just submit a PR taking over maintainership 
or do I wait until someone gives the ok?

-Mike





More information about the freebsd-ports mailing list