New port questions

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Feb 9 09:31:03 PST 2005

I'm creating a new port - security/barnyard.  I *thought* I had it working
right, and all of a sudden it's broken.  Turns out some changes have
apparently been made to the configure.in script that break the build.

See this webpage for the gory details:
<http://www.mcabee.org/lists/snort-users/May-04/msg00142.html>

Here's my problem.  Not only do I have to remove the two offending lines in
the configure.in file, which I should be able to do with sed (haven't
tested it yet though), or can I do this: "LDFLAGS-=      -lz -lssl"?

But I ran into another problem.  Once I remove the lines from configure.in,
I have to run "aclocal && autoheader && automake && autoconf".

When I ran autoheader it failed.  Using locate, I discovered that I have
three different autoheaders:
/usr/local/bin/autoheader253
/usr/local/bin/autoheader213    /usr/local/bin/autoheader257

I also have three different autoconfs:
/usr/local/bin/autoconf253
/usr/local/bin/autoconf213      /usr/local/bin/autoconf257

How do I solve this problem?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas