Requiring a port to be built a certain way

Ryan Sommers ryans at gamersimpact.com
Tue Feb 8 16:26:24 PST 2005

I'm attempting to create an all-in-one meta-port aimed at getting a
complete email server installed for anyone that doesn't have the many
hours required to find everything they need. (Yes, I know about the mail
toaster, wouldn't it be better as a port?) The trouble I'm running into is
many of the dependencies I require must be built with certain options.
What is the best way to handle this?

For instance, I will require the qmail port to be built with the
WITH_QMAILQUEUE option. There are many ports I need installed with certain
options and I'm not sure how best to handle these. I can't find any other
examples already in the tree to look at (perhaps if someone knows of an
example they can let me know). The only way I can think of is to make an
individual meta-port for each of the ports I need that contains the
Makefile defining the options I need.

--
Ryan Sommers
ryans at gamersimpact.com