[Please test] mplayer-0.99.6

Thomas E. Zander riggs at rrr.de
Tue Feb 8 14:49:09 PST 2005

Hi,

On Tue, 08. Feb 2005, at 23:21 +0100, Pav Lucistnik wrote
according to [Re: [Please test] mplayer-0.99.6]:

> I wonder, if you run ./configure script by hand, it will
> autopickup stuff?

Yes, configure is a beast. You have to treat it using maximum brute
force :-)
Seriously, most features you have to explicitly disable if you don't
want to autodetect them, for some it's not needed and in the past for
some features disabling autodetection didn't even work without patching.

> So what about reverse action - leave old behaviour on and add
> WITH_GENERIC_SETTINGS or something which would turn on this generic
> profile?

That's also a viable way. Changes to the Makefile are also very little,
I am open to this option of course.

Riggs

--
- "[...] I talked to the computer at great length and
-- explained my view of the Universe to it" said Marvin.