Proposal: overridable bsd.sites.mk

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Mon Feb 7 14:27:05 PST 2005

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 05:22:08PM -0500, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> >On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 05:09:25PM -0500, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> >
> >>What do you guys think of changing the +='s in bsd.sites.mk to ?='s? The
> >>deal is this: say I have a specific AfterStep dist site that I want to
> >>use, and I don't want the default listed sites to be attempted at all.
> >>
> >>As it stands now, there are two current solutions that I see:
> >>   * edit bsd.sites.mk after every cvsup
> >>   * put like 100 entries for that site in MASTER_SITE_AFTERSTEP
> >>     in /etc/make.conf and turn on RANDOMIZE_MASTER_SITES
> >

> >"say I have a specific AfterStep dist site that I want to use"
> >
> >That's *one* entry in /etc/make.conf.
> >
> >Edwin
> >

> What one entry can you put in /etc/make.conf that forces
> MASTER_SITE_AFTERSTEP to consist of one site, and one site only?

Oh, that way. This patch does:

+.if !defined(IGNORE_MASTER_SITE_XORG)
 MASTER_SITE_XORG+= \
        ftp://ftp.x.org/pub/%SUBDIR%/ \
	ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/x11/x.org/pub/%SUBDIR%/ \
[...]
+.endif

Only 2x57 lines to be added, and it will not harm anybody else!

(I would use this too to get rid of heanet.courseforge.net)

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/