Proposal: overridable bsd.sites.mk

Adam Weinberger adamw at magnesium.net
Mon Feb 7 14:06:33 PST 2005

(this is a repost of a message that I inadvertantly sent to
ports-committers at . thanks to edwin for pointing that out to me.)

What do you guys think of changing the +='s in bsd.sites.mk to ?='s? The
deal is this: say I have a specific AfterStep dist site that I want to
use, and I don't want the default listed sites to be attempted at all.

As it stands now, there are two current solutions that I see:
     * edit bsd.sites.mk after every cvsup
     * put like 100 entries for that site in MASTER_SITE_AFTERSTEP
       in /etc/make.conf and turn on RANDOMIZE_MASTER_SITES

I propose a third solution:
Change the bsd.sites.mk to MASTER_SITE_AFTERSTEP?=, and then I can
define MASTER_SITE_AFTERSTEP to be whatever I want it to be.

What do you think about this? Is there another solution that I'm
missing? Would this cause more problems than it would fix?

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw at magnesium.net || adamw at FreeBSD.org