perl build troubles

John P. Campbell jpc at xzuberant.com
Sun Feb 6 15:48:41 PST 2005

I've found myself in a pretty bizarre situation.  I'm trying to
install perl  5.6.2.  I've removed all the other perl5 ports on my
sytem.

My FreeBSD version is 4.10 Stable.

When I build 5.6.2, it builds tests and installs ok, but the resulting
"perl" in /usr/local/bin is 5.005_03.  Checking the work directory
in the port directory (/usr/ports/lang/perl5/work/perl-5.6.2) , I get
the same thing.

<rubina>: perl-5.6.2 # ./perl --version

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-freebsd

What could be causing this?

I've tried it with portupgrade too and have the same issue.

thanks,

jpc

--
John P. Campbell