FreeBSD Port: perl5.8-5.8.6_2

Anton Berezin tobez at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 5 06:12:53 PST 2005

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 01:13:54PM +0000, Eliot Earle wrote:
> Hullo there Perl5.8 port maintainers.
>
> Further to your comments in /usr/ports/UPDATING, I thought I'd drop you
> a line and tell you about the shell script I'd written to automate the
> complete perl5.8 reinstall process.
>
> It's based around the pkg_info/xargs line you wrote, for which I thank
> you, but uses the results in a way I found to be more robust here.
>
> Obviously, feel free to use it, pass it around, or bin it. Whichever you
> think is the more appropriate.
>
> I have made an explanatory page at
> http://wiki.cat5.org/index.php/perlfix or if you'd prefer something
> curlable, just the script is at http://www.fromley.com/perlfix.txt

This is absolutely cool, thank you!

For those who do not with to reinstall everything, there is another,
more adventurous way of doing it.  Have a look at

http://people.freebsd.org/~tobez/pau.html             (documentation)
http://people.freebsd.org/~tobez/perl-after-upgrade   (download)

Cheers,
\Anton.
--
The moronity of the universe is a monotonically increasing function. --
Jarkko Hietaniemi