Weird output from portupgrade at the end of upgrading ruby

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Sat Feb 5 03:10:29 PST 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Booker Apelin wrote:

BA> I just recently did a portupgrade of Ruby and got some weird output at the
BA> end of the upgrade, shown below. I had ruby-1.8.2.p2_1 installed and
BA> upgraded to ruby-1.8.2_1. I'm running 4.9-RELEASE-p11 with portupgrade
BA> version portupgrade-20040701_3. (I still need to upgrade portupgrade, it's
BA> lower in the portmanager -s list).
BA>
BA> So that being said, the new version of ruby seems to be installed but this
BA> output at the end is very strange. Should I check on anything? Everything
BA> seems ok.

It is always better (just to be on the safe side) to do

portupgrade -Rr portupgrade

whenever ruby and/or portupgrade changes, before upgrading other ports. It
saves me a lot of headache in the past :)

Deinstalling/reinstalling ruby+dependant ports may be another solution, like

pkg_delete -r /var/db/pkg/ruby-*
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade
make install clean
pkgdb -u

However, this will affect other ports which depend on ruby, so be careful.

Sincerely,