Timing questions

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 4 17:46:51 PST 2005

Paul Schmehl wrote:
> I am a first time port maintainer.  I just submitted two new ports.  I'm
> wondering what the process is for ports being approved and added to the
> portlist.
>
> Will I be notified?  If I made mistakes, will I be notified?
>
> I'm not anxious, just curious.

Can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, and sometimes up to a
few months. If it's an app that requires software/hardware that few
committers run, it'll usually take an even longer time.

If it's accepted, you'll receive a message letting you know. If there
are aspects of it that need correcting, you'll definitely be notified.

I'd say be patient, but you'll also need to be persistent. We're all
busy, and can't devote as much time to new ports as we'd like.

# Adam

--

Adam Weinberger
adamw at magnesium.net || adamw at FreeBSD.org