Packages for 5.3

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Feb 2 10:19:41 PST 2005

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 10:28:35AM +0100, Thorsten Ulm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> while browsing the ports collection I found some ports that still have
> no binary package available for 5.3 , e.g. code_crusader, glove and
> pdflib. Please try to make packages available for as many ports as
> possible with respect to the people (like me!) who don't have a
> internet connection via FreeBSD.

We package everything packageable.  The ports you mention may not be
redistributed according to the license terms imposed by the author, or
depend on such a package and cannot run without it.  Complain to the
relevant software authors if you think their software should be
redistributable - if you ask nicely enough, they might even consider
changing their license to allow it.

Kris