squid, samba startup scripts fail to run from base system rcorder

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 30 18:07:58 PST 2005

Timur I. Bakeyev wrote:

> And Samba here :)

> And this one :) Actually, we have new release, so if you guys can give me
> hints how to fix rc script for Samba.

Ok, thanks for asking. :) The first thing I would do is to separate this
into 3 scripts, rather than trying to run things all in one. That will make
it possible to do better ordering, and also fix the problem that many users
are seeing where samba fails to start because something that ldconfig is
supposed to do hasn't been done yet. As Brooks has said, generally anything
local running as part of the system (and as root) should REQUIRE: DAEMON,
and anything running as a user should REQUIRE: LOGIN. If you have compelling
reasons why parts of samba need to run earlier than that, please strike up
the conversation on freebsd-rc at freebsd.org.

hth,

Doug