FreeBSD Port: simscan, qmail ports

Jan-Erik Moon jan at 1kdigital.com
Tue Dec 27 07:10:07 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anton A. Karpov" <toxa at toxahost.ru>
To: "Jan-Erik Moon" <jan at 1kdigital.com>
Cc: <garga at FreeBSD.org>; <ports at FreeBSD.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 1:26 PM
Subject: Re: FreeBSD Port: simscan, qmail ports

> Ok, I'm planning to upgrade simscan to 1.2 but only then it will become
> a release. For now, inter7.com page claims that it's just a "new test
> version of the upcoming 1.2 release". I don't want to put test versions
> into fbsd ports tree :)

Sorry, this was my mistake - I thought 1.2 was already a release. I
shouldn't make requests in the middle of the night. :)

> "--enable-custom-reject" is a cool feature but unfortunately it depends
> on qmail port need to be patched with qmail-queue-custom-error.patch. If
> garga@ will add this patch into qmail port, simscan port can be compiled
with
> such option.

Yes, I'm aware of that, and it's even more complicated as the custom error
patch conflicts with QMAILQUEUE patch. But it's still doable as there is
already a working qmail.c file available which contains parts from both
patches. Just need to diff that file against the original qmail.c and we
have a nice patch file which we could add to the qmail port. A simplified
Makefile modification could look something like this:

.if defined(WITH_QMAILQUEUE_PATCH) && defined(WITH_CUSTOMERROR_PATCH)
  PATCHFILES+=qmailqueue_and_custom-error.patch
.endif

.if defined(WITH_QMAILQUEUE) && !defined(WITH_CUSTOMERROR_PATCH)
  PATCHFILES+=qmailqueue-patch
.endif

.if !defined(WITH_CUSTOMERROR_PATCH) && defined(WITH_CUSTOMERROR_PATCH)
  PATCHFILES+=qmail-queue-custom-error.patch
.endif

(I'm not familiar with Makefile syntax - isn't there elseif or elsif ?)

If there is anything I could do to help, please let me know. :)

Jan