HEADS UP: MFC of local_startup changes to rc.d complete

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 26 00:57:33 PST 2005

Florent Thoumie wrote:

> 	rcNG was the word for "using rc.subr".

rcNG stands for rc Next Generation. It's not the next generation anymore.

> 	Using the .sh extension prevents from conflicts in ${WRKDIR} and you know
> 	what kind of file it is in ${FILESDIR}. Anyway, what is the difference
> 	between adding .sh suffix in some cases and removing it in some cases ?

As I mentioned in one of my messages, we can easily fix this by changing
bsd.port.mk to take file.in and output $WRKDIR/file.out. I haven't finished
the patch to bsd.port.mk yet, but it's a trivial change.

Doug