cups problems (Was: Re: Bug[?] In new local_startup and postgresql)

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 22 11:40:20 PST 2005

Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 01:42:12 -0800
> Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
>> Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
>>
>>> It is. I'll submit a PR with a fix in the next minutes.
>>> Still, I'm be curios what happens.
>> Well, updating the boot script is a good thing, so thanks for that.
>> However, I'm curious about why this isn't working for you. I run cups
>> myself, that's why I knew it needed to be fixed in the first place.
>> The fix that I put into the port makes it work for me on both HEAD and
>> RELENG_6.
>
> I think that while the port was the  latest one the script was older,
> since it had the PROVIDE line in it. Probably because the port
> installs sh.sample so on portupgrade .sh didn't get upgraded.

Ah, that makes me feel better!  FYI, what I do to solve that issue is make
cups.sh a symlink to cups.sh.sample. That way it is always the latest
version. Of course, that little trick will become meaningless when we get
all the scripts converted, but I'll be ok with that. :)

Doug