varying PORTVERSION with OSVERSION

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Thu Dec 22 11:20:25 PST 2005

On 22 Dec 2005 at 13:15, Mark Linimon wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 06:38:59AM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
> > It'll be interesting to produce quite a bit of design and code to
> > cater for just a few ports.
>
> As for portsmon, I plan to not worry about it :-)  I don't really think
> it's worth the work to track it for these edge cases.  (Of course, portsmon
> evaluates everything assuming i386, but that's another story).

For FreshPorts, it does confuse the users:

  http://www.freshports.org/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=1078&t=1078

I'll try for evaluating BROKEN and FORBIDDEN for all OSVERSION and
ARCH values first.  Then I'll look at whether or not it's feasible to
worry about silly situations such as this.

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/