FreeBSD Port: sysutils/aaccli

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd.ports at melvyn.homeunix.org
Thu Dec 15 10:29:08 PST 2005

On Thursday 15 December 2005 19:16, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:

> I'm trying to use the port of Adaptec scsi management programs on a FreeBSD
> 6.x system. But the ports fails since the port tries to create device nodes
> using MAKEDEV, a feature since long gone in FreeBSD, replaced by devfs.

If you can find the commands that use MAKEDEV either in the port Makefile or
in the sourcetree, try commenting them out.
Drivers in current FreeBSD should create their own device entries on startup.

If that doesn't work, there's a good chance the drivers won't work period and
the port needs to be updated or marked broken for FreeBSD 5+.

--
Melvyn Sopacua
freebsd.ports at melvyn.homeunix.org

FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE