pkgtools.conf make arguments ignored (?!?)

RW list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Mon Dec 12 13:12:29 PST 2005

On Sunday 11 December 2005 15:27, martinko wrote:
> hello,
>
> i'm having troubles with specifying make arguments to portupgrade via
> /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf.
> this is a part of my config file:
>
>    MAKE_ARGS = {
>      'x11/yelp' => 'WITH_MAN=1 WITH_INFO=1 WITH_GECKO=mozilla',
>    }
>
> it works only if i run `portupgrade -N yelp`
> but it does not work when i run eg `portupgrade -N gnome2-lite`
>
> interesting thing is that according to pkgtools.conf itself the
> following should work too but it does not :
>
>    MAKE_ARGS = {
>      'x11/yelp-*' => 'WITH_MAN=1 WITH_INFO=1 WITH_GECKO=mozilla',
>    }
>
> is this a known issue (and why?) or am i doing something wrong ??

The reason is that portupgrade -N gnome2-lite only builds  gnome2-lite, and
yelp gets built by the ports system as a side effect.  Once the ports are in
the the package database, portupgrade will handle the MAKE_ARGS correctly.

I do this kind of thing with entries in make.conf like this:

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/www/linuxpluginwrapper}
WITH_PLUGINS=yes
.endif