RC keywords question

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 8 14:19:20 PST 2005

Hopefully by new your actual question has been adequately answered, however
I wanted to reemphasize one point from this thread because it will be very
important for port authors to understand as we move into the world of ports
being run as part of the base rcorder.

The REQUIRE line does not guarantee that a service will be running when your
script starts, it only specifies to rcorder what has to happen before this
script is run. Therefore, your application must handle any error conditions
that may result if the service you depend on is not actually running when
your script tries to run.

hth,

Doug