Arla for 6.0-RELEASE

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 5 13:46:12 PST 2005

Rick C. Petty wrote:
> Hello.  Who is the maintainer of the net/arla port for FreeBSD??

The port is currently unmaintained. If you want tobecome its maintainer,
that would be great. Once you are done with fixing the port, just submit
a PR using send-pr(1) and state that you want to take it over.

> I would like to work with him/her to get arla working for 6.0-RELEASE.
> I've been working on this since the day arla-0.41 was released and I
> *finally* have a set of patches against the port to make everything
> compile.  Unfortunately my experience with VFS is low, particularly where
> the changes to the VFS API/infrastructure (a la phk at freebsd.org's Dec 2004
> thru Jan 2005 changes) are not reflected in the man pages.  I have doubts
> with some of my patches and I would like some assistance getting this to
> work.
>
> My current patchset allows all of 0.41 to compile, the module to load and
> unload properly, but the startarla script reports
> "mount_nnpfs: mount: Operation not supported"
> and unloading the module before killing arlad causes the kernel to panic
> (page fault, I have a vmcore dump).
>
> I'm currently investigating the mounting problem but any help would be
> greatly appreciated!  Thank you,

For these problems, it might be better to ask the hackers@ ML for
assistance. Be sure to check the Developers Handbook in order to get a
usefull crash dump:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner at FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner at gmx.de