Proposal for an additional (sub)section in the porters handbook

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 5 01:22:19 PST 2005

Alexander Leidinger píše v po 05. 12. 2005 v 09:02 +0100:
> Pav Lucistnik <pav at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> >> Comments please.
> >
> > Drop all the political arguments, pros and cons, they don't belong into
> > PH. Just talk about the policies. This is a reference book, after all.
>
> I think about them as technical arguments, not political arguments. And I
> think they should be mentioned somewhere. Mentioning them in the commit log
> would be ok for me.

Commit log sounds good to me.

> > Otherwise I agree with the proposed document.
>
> It was pointed out to me, that I have some spelling typos and maybe mixed
> dynamic and static in one case. I haven't looked at the corrected version he
> send me, but are you willing to add or review the necessary markup and commit
> it to the handbook?

I noticed some English bogons but haven't commented on them, as I
thought you're more interested in comments on content than form.

I hardly can provide a fix for the English problems, being non native
speaker myself, but once you're happy with the text, I'm happy to mark
it up and commit for you.

Have you thought about where in the PH you want this added?

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of Waw.