firefox 1.5

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Sun Dec 4 04:40:54 PST 2005

Quoting Sam Lawrance <boris at brooknet.com.au>:

> On 04/12/2005, at 7:27 PM, Hongxing Song wrote:
>
>> hxsong at hxsong$ firefox
>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/X11R6/lib/firefox/components/
>> libgklayout.so: Undefined symbol
>> "_Z22NS_NewXULPopupListenerPP19nsIXULPopupListener"
>> [5]   Done                    mozilla
>
> This is the third time you have mailed this list about the same
> problem.  If you are unsure of whether your original message got
> through you can check the list archives, just follow the links from
> http://www.FreeBSD.org .  There is no need to send it more than once.

I had this problem on about five machines running up to date current
and RELENG_6.  I finally got it to fix itself quit by accident.  I'm
sure this is not the correct solution but it worked.  All the machines
were running the 1.5 release candidate without problems and I rebuilt
the port several times with no luck.  Finally I just did a pkg_delete,
the a pkg_add -r firefox that installed the 1.?.? old stable port then
did a portupgrade of firefox and the problem went away.  On the last
machine when I did the pkg_add -r firefox it had been upgraded to the
new version but also worked.  What was the problem?   I have no idea
but all is now well ;)

good luck,

ed