mplayerplug-in and mozilla_firefox woes

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Fri Dec 2 21:30:43 GMT 2005

After upgrading both mozilla and firefox to the latest builds (with
portupgrade -rR firefox) I noticed movies don't play anymore (they used
to with mplayerplug-in).

I reinstalled mozilla, firefox and also the mplayer (gtk, skin and
plugin) without any result. Firefox starts the mplayerplug-in and then
stops; mozilla just crashes with a core dump.

Does anybody know what could be the problem?
Should I expect an update for the browsers (is it their fault?) or has
something gone wrong in the relation between mplayerplug-in and the
browsers? Or what?

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.0 ++ The Power to Serve