FreeBSD Port: thunderbird-1.0.6_1

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue Aug 30 19:31:30 GMT 2005

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:27:21 -0500, Anders Troback <public at troback.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> noticed some strange things with Thunderbird 1.0.6_1.
>
> When I connect to a imap server with ssl the cert is not valid,
> Thunderbird thinks the cert is for localhost but I connect to
> mail.domain.com. Before the upgrade everything worked just fine...
>
> Don't know if it's a port problem or a Thnderbird problem!
>
> The server is a FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE, imap-uw-2004d,1
> Client is FreeBSD 5.4-p4, Thunderbird 1.0.6_1

Are all of your apps up to date such as nss, nspr and etc?

I am not sure if it's IMAP is different than POP/SMTP for TLS/SSL in
thunderbird, but I just tested POP/SMTP (I don't have any IMAP here) with
TLS/SSL and they work fine. In the 'Edit -> Account Settings -> Security',
when I clicked on 'Manage Certificates' and can display other
certificates. Also, when I clicked on 'Manage Security Devices' and I can
see that it can find nss library (in Builtin Roots Module, it has
/usr/local/lib/libnssckbi.so) and shows other info correct.

I just find more info by myself, in my local machine I searched for
"libnssckbi.so" in any files inside ~/.thunderbird and I found it, it's in
secmod.db. Can you try to exit thunderbird and find secmod.db in your
~/.thunderbird then remove it? I found info in google and it said that
thunderbird/mozilla will rebuild a new secmod.db in the startup.

If none of that work, then try to run 'ktrace thunderbird' and use SSL
with IMAP then exit it. Run 'kdump > thunderbird.txt' and open
tunderbird.txt with your editor to search for 'libnssckbi', then show me
about ten lines between of above to bottom in the middle of 'libnssckbi'.
Not sure if my English is clear, but here's example:

[...ten lines...]
[...libnssckbi...]
[...ten lines...]

Cheers,