Packagename of openldap WITH_SASL (e.g)

Thierry Thomas thierry at pompo.net
Sat Aug 27 22:30:09 GMT 2005

Le Dim 28 aoû 05 à  0:01:22 +0200, Adam Pordzik <adampordzik at gmx.de>
 écrivait :
> Hello,

> I think it is generally no good idea of an OpenLDAP port with altered "sasl"
> name. Here I have 8 ports/packages which depends of "openldap22-client",
> not "openldap22-sasl-client". The only is openldap22-server, which I've
> built with WITH_SASL
>
> So the package-names becomes "openldap22-server" and "openldap-sasl-client",
> and I had to add a proper line to +REQUIRED_BY by each new package added
> to the system.
>
> Same with apache+modssl and maybe other. There are so many ports now, that
> it
> would be much more concise NOT to create so many "sub-ports".

When using portupgrade, note that pkgtools.conf has a special variable
ALT_PKGDEP for this purpose:

  # ALT_PKGDEP: hash
  #
  # This is a hash to define alternative package dependencies.  For
  # each pair A => B, when a package X claims that it depends on a
  # package that matches the "pkgname glob" pattern A which is not
  # installed, the dependency is replaced with one installed
  # package that matches the "pkgname glob" pattern B.  If glob B
  # matches more than one installed package, replacement is not done
  # automatically.  <:delete> and <:skip> are special symbols that can
  # be used as B values, instead of pkgname glob patterns.  <:delete>
  # means to delete the dependency and <:skip> to skip it.

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.