Request gcc 34 port build gcj

Patrick Dung patrick_dkt at yahoo.com.hk
Sat Aug 27 13:53:35 GMT 2005

Hi

Since pdftk itself depends on gcj3.x, I cannot make it to build on
gcc/gcj 4.0 or 4.1 port.

Please enable the build of gcj on gcc34 port.
Only allowing gcj to build on gcj41 breaks compatibilty.

Let me say another similar example:
You may think that gcc3.x port is good enough and we don't need gcc2.95
port.
But in fact at least one port that I know need gcc 2.95: Tripwire
Tripwire in FreeBSD currently can't be built with gcc 3.x. In order to
build Tripwire in FreeBSD gcc2.95 is needed (you can trace the cvslog /
old ports archive, I suggest a patch to tripwire maintainer to let
tripwire work on FreeBSD 5.x).

Regards
Patrick