leaving behind .sample files and pkg_add alternate registerdb

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Aug 27 10:42:37 GMT 2005

I've been working on a port recently, and ran into two small questions:

1) is it evil to leave behind .cfg.sample files? If so, how do I add them
  to pkg-plist and avoid errors if the user moved (instead of copied) them
  to the .cfg ? @unexec? If so, how would it look for a file?

2) At work, I tried to work on the port, but I'm only user there, and I
    can't seem to be able to change the registration directory for pkg_
    commands. Is this possible at all? (works fine for src building)