Sharing /usr/ports between RELENG_6 and RELENG_5

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Thu Aug 25 18:10:02 GMT 2005

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 06:44:17PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Mark Knight, and lo! it spake thus:

>   2)    At the moment INDEX.db is shared; I presume this is bad.
>   Can I persuade one machine to use INDEX-6.db everywhere?

You may be able to talk portupgrade into storing the INDEX.db files
somewhere local (/var/db/something) by fiddling with the
ENV['PORTS_DBDIR'] (it looks like the right param) var in the
pkgtools.conf.  It shouldn't matter that the INDEX-[56] files are
still in the ports dir, since they don't conflict.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net