Needed: compat5x package

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 20 03:49:20 GMT 2005

FUJISHIMA Satsuki <sf at FreeBSD.org> wrote
  in <200508200056.j7K0ux3l089161 at freefall.freebsd.org>:

sf> At Sat, 20 Aug 2005 06:07:10 +0900 (JST),
sf> Hiroki Sato wrote:
sf> >  I am wondering if misc/localedata can be used---were the LC_* files
sf> >  architecture dependent at that time?  I thought this incompatibility
sf> >  was needed to making them architecture independent.
sf> >  Do I misunderstand?
sf>
sf> The distfile tarball for misc/localedata port contains variety of
sf> locale data for all architectures. This is because they are
sf> incompatible each other at that time in spite of share/ hierarchy.

 I see.  I was wrong about how the locale files were handled in
 misc/localedata.  It should work fine.