Need help with upgrading workrave

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Sat Aug 13 15:18:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

I like to upgrade the port workrave from 1.6 to 1.8. (This solves the
freezing problem with kde) This will be my first port upgrade and things
are a bit unfamiliar for my.

I have problems with two tings.

1. The port doesn't compile properly. I've spoken with the developer and
we have a solution. He will add this to the CVS, but i am betting this
doesn't help the port in the sort term. I need to insert one line to one
file to make it work. How should i go about this?

2. I'm trying to upgrade the plist and this is all strange for me. I've
created an auto plist and don't know how to continue. I don't think
there are any man pages or info files. That leaves me with the shared
libraries section. What should I look for?

I've read:
http://freebsd.m.flirble.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-desc.html

and executed the command on:
http://freebsd.m.flirble.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-autoplist.html

Just a couple strange lines out my plist to keep it short:
- lines in the file section looks oke (they all have the port name)
- dir section looks as it it would like to remove much more.
@dirrm share/gnome/sounds
@dirrm share/gnome/apps/Utilities
@dirrm libdata/bonobo
@dirrm lib/vfs
@dirrm lib/bonobo
@dirrm include/gconf
@dirrm etc/X11

--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.

Howto's based on my personal use, including information about
setting up a firewall and creating traffic graphs with MRTG
http://www.kruijff.org/alex/FreeBSD/