Building gtk-2.6.9: problem and solution

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Fri Aug 12 00:49:06 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 09:31 +1000, Luke Macpherson wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > Check your CFLAGS, and any other make.conf or environment setting that
> > could affect compilation.
>
> Have done this. CFLAGS is empty and make.conf contains only:
> MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE?="ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles/"
> SUP_UPDATE=true
> PORTSSUPFILE=/etc/ports-supfile
> # added by use.perl 2005-08-11 11:33:33
> PERL_VER=5.8.7
> PERL_VERSION=5.8.7
>
> Which is hardly seems cause for concern.
>
> Could someone tell me whether the pthread_ functions should actually be
> defined in /usr/local/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.

No, they shouldn't.  They're defined in libpthread.so.  However, they
will not be linked into shared libraries.  Instead, the pkg-config
output for gthread-2.0 should contain -pthread.  What does ``pkg-config
--libs gthread-2.0'' report?  If it doesn't contain -pthread, then you
need to fix your glib20 installation.

Joe