Building gtk-2.6.9: problem and solution

Luke Macpherson lukem at cse.unsw.EDU.AU
Thu Aug 11 23:31:54 GMT 2005

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> Check your CFLAGS, and any other make.conf or environment setting that
> could affect compilation.

Have done this. CFLAGS is empty and make.conf contains only:
MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE?="ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles/"
SUP_UPDATE=true
PORTSSUPFILE=/etc/ports-supfile
# added by use.perl 2005-08-11 11:33:33
PERL_VER=5.8.7
PERL_VERSION=5.8.7

Which is hardly seems cause for concern.

Could someone tell me whether the pthread_ functions should actually be
defined in /usr/local/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.

If someone who doesn't have this problem could run
nm /usr/local/lib/libgthread-2.0.so | pthread
and tell me the output, it would help eliminate one possibility for me.

--
Luke