php4-4.3.10_2 to php 5 questions

Ken Hawkins ken at rosewoodblues.com
Thu Aug 11 15:25:53 GMT 2005

the saga continues....

in the midst of trying to upgrade this port i hit a snag and am
having to pkgdb -F my ports. however i hit this without an option for
a dependency.

Stale dependency: aspell-0.60.2 -> libiconv-1.9.2_1 (converters/
libiconv):

since i have no option when i tab for a libiconv at all i am a bit
perplexed.

i think somewhere along the line someone has physically removed
traces from /var/db/ports

as i only have these installed (or shown in the dir)

php4            php4-extensions php4-gd         phpMyAdmin      proftpd

this box is runnning apache and has swish-e installed on it as well.
Am I wrong here? is there a prescribed manner to get the box back
into shape?

thanks for the aid in clean up!

ken;