Challenge during the ports freeze

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Fri Aug 5 06:01:29 GMT 2005

On Thursday, 2005-08-04 at 17:15:47 -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Currently there are about 350 ports that are broken on i386 6.0 (see
> http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-6-failure.html).

I'm the maintainer of sysutils/munin-node, which is on the list,
seemingly because it leaves state behind on pkg_delete. Is it required
now that this does not happen?

We had the discussions a few times already. As a reminder, munin-node
needs to preserve state for an upgrade in the form of a version file
(usr/local/etc/munin/VERSION.node) and a couple of symlinks. The
creation of the default set of (system dependent) symlinks is a courtesy
of the user because it provides a sensible starting point. The version
file is required to add new symlinks to the set.

Munin behaves this way in all other platform ports. Changing this
behaviour would make the FreeBSD the sore thumb of the Munin ports ;-)

Advice, please.
Luep Christoph
--
| You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear     |
| weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest   |