HAS_CONFIGURE error?

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Tue Apr 26 11:44:52 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 07:31:32PM +0200, Emanuel Strobl wrote:
> Hello, from the Mk/bsd.port.mk I read:
>
> # CONFIGURE_ARGS
> #               - Pass these args to configure if ${HAS_CONFIGURE} is set.
> #                 Default: "--prefix=${PREFIX} ${CONFIGURE_TARGET}" if
> #                 GNU_CONFIGURE is set, "CC=${CC} CCFLAGS=${CFLAGS}
> #                 PREFIX=${PREFIX} INSTALLPRIVLIB=${PREFIX}/lib
> #                 INSTALLARCHLIB=${PREFIX}/lib" if PERL_CONFIGURE is set,
> #                 empty otherwise.
>
> The first sentence isn't true on 5.4-RC3. If I define HAS_CONFIGURE=yes
> without CONFIGURE_ENV=--prefix=${PREFIX} the configure script doesn't get
> --prefix set right.

First, note CONFIGURE_ARGS not CONFIGURE_ENV.  I expect that setting
CONFIGURE_ENV as you suggested would not do anything sensible.  Can
you confirm what you meant?

> Is the description outdated or is this behaviour not intended?

You could check later in the bsd.port.mk file to confirm what it
actually does.

Kris

P.S. Discussion of the ports tree should happen on freebsd-ports.