splitting courier-authlib into master+slave ports

Yarema yds at CoolRat.org
Mon Apr 25 09:46:18 PDT 2005

--On Monday, April 25, 2005 18:09:18 +0200 Jose M Rodriguez
<josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es> wrote:

> El Lunes, 25 de Abril de 2005 17:57, Yarema escribió:
>> --On Friday, April 22, 2005 00:37:25 -0400 Yarema <yds at CoolRat.org>
> wrote:
>> > --On Thursday, April 21, 2005 11:10 PM +0200 Oliver Lehmann

>> > It's not what we all want..  I for one want USE_RCORDER so that in
>> > courier.sh of the courier port I can:
>> >
>> ># PROVIDE: courier mail
>> ># REQUIRE: DAEMON courier_authdaemond
>> ># KEYWORD: FreeBSD shutdown
>> >
>> > and have the system run courier_authdaemond before it runs courier.
>> >
>> > USE_RC_SUBR= startup scripts installed in ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d/ do
>> > not honor the REQUIRE: and BEFORE: ordering.
>> >
>> > USE_RCORDER= scripts installed in /etd/rc.d/ do honor those.
>> > That's what USE_RCORDER= is for.
>> >
>> > courier-imap and sqwebmail could stand to benefit from such startup
>> > ordering as well.
>>
>> Oliver,
>>
>> I have a small patch against the latest you posted to handle the
>> above issue:
>> <snip/>
>
> I think Makefile.opt.diff is not acceptable
>
> Remember that we are working to import Makefile.opt from foreing ports
> and for the metaport.
>
> Work with a WITH RCORDER Knob and, if you really need and option in the
> metaport, place it in Makefile, before importing Makefile.opt

I remember, and if courier and courier-imap and sqwebmail all incorporate
the WITH_RCORDER tunable then all of these ports could also benefit from
Makefile.opt.diff.

So whether it's "acceptable" or not is a matter of how convenient you want
these ports to be for the end user.

The courier port will honor theWITH_RCORDER  tunable and I hope that Oliver
uses something similar in the ports he maintains.

--
Yarema
http://yds.CoolRat.org