Depending on other ports with OPTIONS

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Mon Apr 25 06:39:31 PDT 2005

On Monday, 25. April 2005 03:44, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> Paul A. Hoadley wrote:
> > I've hit a wall here---can anyone give me a push in the right
> > direction?  Even just pointing me at a port that depends on certain
> > OPTIONs having been chosen in another port would probably be
> > sufficient.  I am willing to work it out from the Makefiles.
>
> Really, the simplest thing is to determine whether someone has installed
> the proper flavour (for example, look for mysql-backend.file). If not,
> output an error message saying "Rebuild port foo with the mysql-backend
> enabled". I bet that'd be enough for most users.

The best thing to do would be splitting the libdbi-drivers port into
individual ports per backend (or make it a meta/master-port for
backend-specific ports), which you can then specifically depend on. It's yet
more work, but if the libdbi-drivers port-maintainer is ok with the change in
principle and you submit a reworked bunch of libdbi-drivers-foo ports, it
should be doable pretty quickly.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org