portsdb -Uu, audio/timidity++ & audio/esound

Dwayne MacKinnon Dwayne.MacKinnon at xwave.com
Fri Apr 15 13:13:27 PDT 2005

Hello,

Building an INDEX with portsdb -Uu on FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE currently
fails if you have esound installed. In the audio/timidity Makefile the
following code exists:

.if ${HAVE_GNOME:Mesound}!=""
USE_GNOME=      esound
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--enable-audio=oss,esd,vorbis
PKGNAMESUFFIX:= ${PKGNAMESUFFIX}-esound
.else
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--enable-audio=oss,vorbis
.endif

portsdb complains about the PKGNAMESUFFIX variable being recursive and
bails out. Removing esound from my system enabled the INDEX file to be
built.

Unfortunately I know very little about Makefiles, so I'm unsure as to
the proper way to patch this.

Cheers,
DMK