FreeBSD Port: dvipsk-tetex-5.95a_1 - Optimization

Stuart Cianos scianos at seq.org
Mon Apr 11 11:01:40 PDT 2005

Greetings -

I came across a potential situation that may trip up some users of
DVIPS.

If DVIPS is compiled with optimization in CFLAGS, it will result in a
failure of it's font processing routines. I typically ensure that my
make.conf specifically ensures the CFLAGS are set correctly for the
ports that face these issues, but many others aren't aware of this.

It may be worthwhile overriding CFLAGS within the port's actual
makefile to wipe out any -O? settings that the user has set in
make.conf.

If you have any questions or need to speak with me, please don't
hesitate to contact me.

Very truly yours,
Stuart