Problems with fxtv

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Sat Apr 9 16:11:42 PDT 2005

On Saturday 09 April 2005 23:17, Michael Butschky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just purchased a Hauppauge WinTV-GO-Plus and am trying to get it to work
> with fxtv.  When the system boots, it recognizes the bktr device fine.
> But, when I bring up fxtv, all I get on all the channels are static.  Note
> that  I am using Comcast Super Basic cable service from the 21114 zip
> code.  Is there something I need to do with the frequency mapping?

Yes. See /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Fxtv, you can add channel names <-->
frequencies there. I got my set of frequencies from my cable provider's info
(I'm in Holland). They should have that info somewhere for their customers. I
think if you have such a config file for fxtv in your ~ directory it's called
just Fxtv or rcsh something like that (I remember installing NetBSD on
another slice about 3 months ago and using a shared home partition and it
immediately used the stations I had set up as well as the fonts/colors). See
the fxtv man page also.

Lately I've been using (k)mplayer for tv but I did use fxtv a lot before. I
don't have it installed at present though.

HTH,

Dan