FreeBSD Port: mono-1.0_1

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Sep 28 16:15:36 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 08:54 -0400, Osmany Guirola Cruz wrote:
> Hi Tom
>  When i have installed 4.9 STABLE was impossible to me install mod_mono
> and xsp.....  "the mono server use all the CPU and the aspx pages does not
> work.....  :-(.....(i do test in linux without problem  :-(  )
>  NOW  i am very happy with this new "mono" but exist a little problem with the
> way of installation of this mono..  I can not do cvs, ssh to
> forgecvs1.novell.com  due to PROXY restrictions in my network.... i want to
> know if exist other way of installation  or i have to wait for the ports
> tree...(if this is the case when the ports tree incorporate this ne mono?)
> Sorry but i am not the administrator of my network ;-) Now i am up to date
> thanks to the existens of CTM......
> I would appreciate any help
>                                                  Thanks
> Osmany

Hmmm, I haven't bothered with FreeBSD 4 since I know there are numerous
problems.  But I do have XSP and mod_mono 1.0 ports.  I believe there
were major improvements announced to them with 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 so these
probably aren't a good guage of how well they work now.  Whenever you
update to 5.3 you can always try the latest versions.

You can get tarballs for each port with the following links.

xsp:
http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/cvs/cvsbrowse.php/bsd-
sharp/FreeBSD-ports/www/xsp/xsp.tar.gz?tarball=1&only_with_tag=MONO_1_0

mod_mono:
http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/cvs/cvsbrowse.php/bsd-
sharp/FreeBSD-ports/www/mod_mono/mod_mono.tar.gz?
tarball=1&only_with_tag=MONO_1_0

While browsing the CVS repo there's usually a "Download Tarball" link
that you can always use.  I'll look at re-enabling tarball downloading
in the merge script soon.

Tom