enigmime doesn't install in 5.3BETA3

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Tue Sep 28 10:56:34 PDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 11:10:01AM -0600, Jason Porter wrote:
> Not sure if this one belongs in current, but I sent it to questions as
> well.  I'm trying to get enigmail to work in thunderbird (latest from
> ports) but it won't install.  I've tried installing in thunderbird and
> firefox, but I don't get anything.  It looks like it goes through the
> install process, but there aren't any windows that pop up and say it
> failed or was successful.  Then when I try to use enigmail it says that
> enigmime wasn't installed.  Not sure what to do here, anyone?  Thanks

It could be just a bug in the latest version. I had trouble with firefox
with the latest version on 5.2. A earlier verion did compile. If you
can't wait, then you could install one of the precompiled packages that
you can download of the ftp server. I don't know the exact commands, so
you have to look at the handbook for those.

--
Alex

Articles based on solutions that I use:
http://www.kruijff.org/alex/FreeBSD/