Can maildrop and courier-imap coexist?

Freddie Cash fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca
Sun Sep 26 05:58:18 PDT 2004

> I trends to use sendmail+maildrop+courier-imap on FreeBSD, mainly for
> make sendmail maildir ready.

> But I allways end doing this from sources, due to disagree on ports
> defaults.

> Can this be workarround on ports?

Don't know about with Sendmail, but I've been using Postfix + Maildrop
+ Courier-IMAP, all installed via ports, without any issues for over a
year now.

So, you should be able to get this working using sendmail.  I'm
guessing you aren't using the version of sendmail that comes shipped
with FreeBSD.

And if not, Postfix is always there.  :)

--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]
fcash at sd73.bc.ca               helpdesk at sd73.bc.ca