FreeBSD port: rhythmbox-0.8.5_3

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Thu Sep 23 13:32:15 PDT 2004

Esaltato wrote:
| Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
|
|> Esaltato wrote:
|> | Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
|> |
> [...]
|> |
|> |
|> | But have you got the same bug?
|>
|> Actually, I don't.  I created a new Internet radio station last night,
|> and rhythmbox barely hit 1% CPU time.  I let it run for a few hours.
|

| I have 100% as I press play.

Strange.  I can't reproduce after trying a few, working, rock stations.

| On a side note, any way to repopulate the old RB stations list? I
| deleted it from .gnome2/rhythmbox, and on reinstall it's not
| automatically re-created. I just happened to love the ambient station
| :-) I'll just remove any setting from gconf and try to reinstall (never
| reinstalled a port so many times anyway).

Deleting the GConf settings is probably the way to go.

|> | Sorry, I was a bit vague. The gnome nautilus menu, when you right-click
|> | on any folder/multimedia file.
|> |
|> | Just imagine the nice 16x16 stereo icon replaced with a standard blank
|> | 32x32 gnome icon (the 3Dish white sheet). The menu consequentially
|> | messes up. This forced me to uninstall RB.
|> | Screenshot:
|> | http://66.195.17.52/~esaltat/images/screenshotto.png
|>
|> Looks fine to me.  I see the standard rhythmbox icon that I see in my
|> panel.  Check to see that you have rhythmbox.png in
|> /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/pixmaps.
|

| Yes. I checked that before, I have it. Could this be a translation thing?
| Maybe I should try with english.

Could be.  I am using en_US.ISO8859-1 as my locale.

|> Really, you shouldn't be using these CFLAGS.  Before reporting any
|> problems, you should rebuild using default CFLAGS (in this case, rebuild
|> gstreamer* and rhythmbox with -O -pipe, and see if you have the same
|> problems with Internet radio).
|

| But wasn't CURRENT -02 tolerant? I think I must have read this various
| times in posts. Anyway I'm only using -msse since last month, since I
| read that sse wasn't enabled with march athlon xp alone. Yes, I'm using
| that one too please don't kill me :-)  I've always used -02 -pipe and
| athlon xp before. What do you use? Anyway, back on track: I rebuilt RB
| with plain -0 -pipe. I did not rebuild gstreamer*, since amarok does not
| use 100% CPU if set to use gstreamer and radio. RB still uses 100%. Of
| course the large icon is still there. I cannot use a messed up menu like
| that :-)
| If you still think I have to rebuild gstreamer* since it may _really be_
| a major cause, I may take the hassle of typing that 2 lines, me lazy
| bastard :-)

Well, I always build everything with default CFLAGS, and I rarely run
into problems.  As soon as -O2 becomes the default in the mk files (it's
not AFAIK), then I will use that.

Joe

| Esaltato

- --