Problem with graphics/php4-gd

Nika Vidal nikageek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 02:02:11 PDT 2004

After installing via port I get the same problem, it install all the
dependencies and  after it I restart apache.

  root at aaLiyaH:/usr/ports/www/coppermine# make install clean

  ===>   Registering installation for coppermine-1.3.2
  ===>  Cleaning for unzip-5.51
  ===>  Cleaning for libiconv-1.9.2_1
  ===>  Cleaning for mysql-client-4.0.21
  ===>  Cleaning for php4-mysql-4.3.8_2
  ===>  Cleaning for autoconf-2.53_3
  ===>  Cleaning for autoconf-2.59_2
  ===>  Cleaning for automake-1.5_2,1
  ===>  Cleaning for bison-1.75_2
  ===>  Cleaning for gettext-0.13.1_1
  ===>  Cleaning for gmake-3.80_2
  ===>  Cleaning for libtool-1.3.5_2
  ===>  Cleaning for libtool-1.5.8
  ===>  Cleaning for m4-1.4.1
  ===>  Cleaning for p5-gettext-1.01_4
  ===>  Cleaning for t1lib-5.0.1,1
  ===>  Cleaning for jpeg-6b_3
  ===>  Cleaning for php4-gd-4.3.8_2
  ===>  Cleaning for png-1.2.6
  ===>  Cleaning for php4-4.3.8_2
  ===>  Cleaning for help2man-1.33.1
  ===>  Cleaning for freetype2-2.1.7_3
  ===>  Cleaning for rc_subr-1.31
  ===>  Cleaning for expat-1.95.8
  ===>  Cleaning for apache-2.0.50_3
  ===>  Cleaning for coppermine-1.3.2
  root at aaLiyaH:/usr/ports/www/coppermine#

When I login and try to upload an image I always get the same error:

  Critical error
  PHP running on your server does not support the GD image library,
check with your webhost if ImageMagick is installed

In phpinfo(); I get gd information, but gd doesn't have jpeg support:

  gd
  GD Support 	enabled
  GD Version 	bundled (2.0.23 compatible)
  GIF Read Support 	enabled
  PNG Support 	enabled
  WBMP Support 	enabled
  XBM Support 	enabled

I've been trying for a week to fix it but I didn't get it.

Excuse my poor English.
Regards.