All Skins are downloaded even if I select only the default Skin

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Tue Sep 21 00:29:22 PDT 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 07:43:30 +0200
"Thomas E. Zander" <riggs at rrr.de> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> Am Tue, dem 21. Sep 2004, um 10:50 +0930 Uhr schrubte Greg 'groggy' Lehey
> zum Thema [Re: All Skins are downloaded even if I select only the default Skin]:
>
> > Yes, "skins" are a *pain*.  I ran into this problem recently and
> > solved it by removing all except for the first "skin" from the
> > Makefile.
>
> Well, personally I consider the idea of having a skin-port somewhat
> insane (do we have a mozilla-themes port??), but it seemed that an
> out-of-the-box-installation for the graphical frontend was what many
> users want.

I would say install a skin as 'default' so that gmplayer starts up ok,
and let the rest optional; like Greg I don't need them, but many do.

> For some time I've been thinking that it would be best to just remove
> the skins port and let the users download the skin they want to install
> in ~. (I don't use that gui at all, but that might differ from user
> to user...)

More things I download and put somewhere by hand, more things I have to
search by hand when I want to remove them. The ports mechanism provides
a way to avoid that, so I wouldn't drop it.

> The problem with the default skin is known and will be fixed as soon as
> ports freeze allows.
> But what about the port in general? Voices?

If you could convince (g)mlpayer not to start in full-screen and make
work the "double size" it would be very nice :)

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"