Upgrade from XFree86-4-Server-4.3.99 to 4.4.0 needs X.org tarballs

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Fri Sep 17 09:21:02 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 06:32, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 12:18:51AM -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
>
> > graphics/dri should get repocopied away to graphics/xfree86-dri and
> > updated to use a Mesa release once X.Org R6.8.1 hits the tree, because
> > that'll support new compiled-from-Mesa DRI drivers, with more
> > improvements than you can shake a stick at.
>
> So what should I do now?

Either eat the cost and grab the distfiles, or write your own port
update to go (back) to using XFree86 4.4.

When I committed the update to use xorg, it added a pile of new hardware
support that XFree86 4.3 didn't have, which was why I felt it was
justified.  Now, XFree86 4.4 users could just use that release.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org